Do you have a secret worth grinning about? This T-shirt reminded me of that feeling I get inside when I remember that I’m His. No matter what stuff is going on around me, no matter how people misinterpret my motives or intentions, no matter what life throws at me to take me down or take me out, I have this grin inside that won’t go away. People who don’t know this peace that passes understanding haughtily proclaim that Christians think they’re better than everyone around them. Most often it’s simply a matter of that grin that escapes us when we shouldn’t be grinning that drives them mad. I’m sorry, I try to hold it in, but sometimes it just escapes. When there is no logic for peace and security, it’s there, it’s unnatural, it’s supernatural. Not my fault if that shakes people up. I keep trying to share what I have, but they’re afraid of that grin–it creeps them out. If I could just figure out how to wipe this smile off my face . . . .
God Glimpses #8 ~ Cheshire Grin
This entry was posted on Tuesday, February 26th, 2013 at 5:32 PM and tagged with Christian, glimpse, God, grin, peace, satisfaction and posted in God Glimpses. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
- 5 of 5 stars to How to Connect with Your Troubled Adu... by Allison Bottke goodreads.com/review/show?id… 1 week ago
- See this Instagram photo by @garden_kitch_with_joy_kieffer instagram.com/p/BrSy467FC5P/… 1 month ago
- Please share with every student and parent of a student you know! Your shares will help feed hungry college... fb.me/wmtfucZh 1 year ago
- How does gardening relieve stress/problems? by Joy Kieffer quora.com/How-does-garde… 2 years ago
- For the upcoming art show Friday the 23rd at The Foundry Freedom from Fear - my work in progress fb.me/5JWl3bolX 2 years ago
Top Posts & Pages